FastExport is a 64K block utility it falls under the limit of 15 block utilities. That means that a system can’t have more than a combination of 15 FastLoads, MultiLoads, and FastExports.
Basic fundamentals of FastExport
- FastExport EXPORTS data from Teradata.
- FastExport only supports the SELECT statement.
- Choose FastExport over BTEQ when Exporting Data of more than half a million+ rows
- FastExport supports multiple SELECT statements and multiple tables in a single run
- FastExport supports conditional logic, conditional expressions, arithmetic calculations, and data
- FastExport does NOT support error files or error limits.
- FastExport supports user-written routines INMODs and OUTMODs
Sample fast export Script
.IMPORT OUTFILE C:\TEMP\EMPDATA.txt
SELECT EMP_NUM (CHAR(10)),
FastExport has two modes: RECORD or INDICATOR
RECORD mode is the default, but you can use INDICATOR mode if required.
The difference between the two modes is INDICATOR mode will set the indicator bits to 1 for column values containing NULLS.
FastExport can export data in below formats